Self Assess

     7 Tips to Create Blog Posts People Love to Share

    I feel that my blog meets the rubric criteria, for the most part, but it could still use some work. I need to get better about including quotes and quote citations along with adding media, such as, links to videos relating to the topic. One thing I always make sure to stay on top of is reviewing and revising my posts for any errors with grammar or punctuation; being a perfectionist is one of my worst habits. I try to keep my posts as readable as possible because I know that how I speak in general can sometimes translate into how I type, which doesn't always make as much sense to others when reading it. 

    Every so often, I stress about if I'm staying on topic when it comes to writing my posts. I know that I tend to get ahead of myself sometimes and stray off topic easily. Another one of my worst habits I've been trying to fix is my procrastination. I manage to, more than occasionally, put things off until the last minute, but I do try to put my best effort into it once I get my assignments/posts started.

    When it comes to doing anything public, it more often than not, can make me pretty uncomfortable. Blogs seem to put an ease to that due to not having to speak it face-to-face with anyone. Honestly, I feel more comfortable and open being able to type out my words, even though they're public to anybody willing to read them. It's a good way of being able to express my thoughts without having to say them out loud. It gives me time to put out what I truly want to say without the stress of messing up and embarrassing myself.

    In class, I'd like it if we discussed more about ways to improve on the content section of the blog rubric. The do's and don't's of the content we include in our blogs. The one thing I learned about blogs is how useful and informative they can be about literally anything. I like the concept of being able to create my own personal blog one day that can be helpful to others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Politics & Race - Have Times Changed?

Differences in Graduation Rates